Are you fed up of seeing your Netgear WiFi router constantly blinking red? No need to worry! It’s quite normal for technical devices to caught with issues every now and then. And your router is no exception. So, relax and continue reading this post to learn how to get rid of the Netgear router red light issue.
Why Are You Facing Netgear Router Red Light Issue?
Before you jump onto the troubleshooting tips, first become familiar with the reasons that might have led you to the Netgear router red light issue. Doing so will help you fix the issue with ease.
Given-below is the list of the most common reasons why your Netgear router is flashing red:
- You haven’t placed your wireless router at its ideal location.
- You can also face the red light issue due to hardware or software-related glitches.
- The WiFi signals of your router are getting interrupted because of third-party devices.
- You might have messed up while performing Netgear WiFi router login.
- There is an internet issue from the end of your ISP.
- If too many devices are connected to your router, that too can lead you to the Netgear router red light issue.
- The firmware of your WiFi router is not updated to the latest version.
- The connection between your router and the existing modem isn’t strong enough.
And that’s it! These were some of the top reasons why you’re stuck with the Netgear router red light issue. Now, let’s have a quick look at the solutions given below to resolve it.
Fixed: Netgear Router Red Light Issue
Solution 1. Power Cycle Your Device
One of the major factors why you’re struggling with the Netgear router red light issue is because of hardware or software glitches. To get rid of them, it is recommended that you power cycle your device.
Here are the steps that you should follow to power cycle your Netgear WiFi device:
- Unplug your router from the wall outlet and turn it off.
- Count to 10.
- Now, plug your WiFi device back into the socket and power it on.
Now, check whether you are able to fix the red light issue or not. If not, then that’s go ahead with the next solution.
Solution 2. Update the Firmware
Performing Netgear router firmware update not just helps you get rid of bugs but also improves the overall performance of your device. So, what are you waiting for? Update the firmware of your WiFi device by following the steps given here:
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- Perform Netgear WiFi router login.
- Head over to the Settings menu and look for the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, click it, and follow the on-screen instructions to update your device.
What happened? Are you still facing the Netgear router red light issue? Well, in that case, either contact our well-versed experts or perform factory default reset.
Solution 3. Perform Factory Default Reset
Restoring your Netgear WiFi router to the factory default settings is the last option left for you to fix the red light issue. So, walk through the instructions outlined below to reset your device:
- Look for the Reset button on your wireless router.
- Once found, press it with the help of an oil pin or paper clip.
When you are done resetting your device, don’t forget to reconfigure it via routerlogin.
Our guide on how to fix the Netgear router red light issue ends here. If even after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post you couldn’t resolve the issue, then we highly recommend you get in touch with our experts. They’ll surely be able to help you turn the red light on your router to green.