Is your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router not satisfying your internet-related needs? If the answer is yes, then it is recommended that you update the firmware of your WiFi device to the latest version. Performing Netgear router firmware update will not just fix the issue you’re facing with your device but also enhance its overall performance. So, walk through the steps mentioned in this post to manually update your M1 mobile router.
How to Manually Update MR1100 Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router?
Execute the below-mentioned steps to update the firmware of your MR1100 mobile router by accessing the routerlogin.net Netgear page:
Connect Your WiFi Devices
Before you get down to the Netgear firmware update steps, make sure that your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router is properly connected to the modem. If you’ve made the mistake of connecting your devices wirelessly, rectify it right now! Make use of a wire to connect your WiFi devices. Doing so will ensure that your router and modem stay connected.
Launch an Internet Browser
Done connecting your Nighthawk M1 mobile router and modem? Good. Now, switch on your PC. Launch any of the following internet browsers on it:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
Now, type http://routerlogin.net in the address bar of your chosen web browser and press Enter. You will get redirected to the Netgear router login page. When prompted, enter the default username and password of your device. As soon as you click on the Log In button, you’ll get welcomed by the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. Note: If you come across any technical issues while trying to access routerlogin.net, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely be of some assistance to you.
Hit Netgear Firmware Update
On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings and click on the Administration tab. Look for the Firmware Update option. Once found, click on it, and follow the on-screen instructions. Then, give your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router a minute or two to get updated thoroughly.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to update the firmware of your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router manually. On the off chance if you get stuck at any point while trying to update the firmware of your router, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
Fixed: M1 Mobile Router Firmware Update Failure
- One of the major reasons you’re facing the firmware update failure issue is because of a weak internet connection. Therefore, make sure that your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router has access to a super-fast internet connection.
- Regardless of what internet browser you choose, make sure that it is updated. To be on the safer side, clear the browsing history and cache of your browser.
- Another reason why you aren’t able to manually update your device is because of incorrect username and routerlogin.net admin password. So, make sure you check the default login details before proceeding to the firmware update steps.
- Are you still unable to update the firmware of your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router? Yes? Well, then it is suggested you perform Netgear factory default reset and reconfigure your WiFi device.
We hope that these troubleshooting steps will help you fix the Netgear router firmware update failure issue.
This was all about how to manually update the firmware of your MR1100 Nighthawk M1 mobile router and fix the related issues. If the firmware update failure issue persists, then feel free to reach out to our technical experts for help!