Has your Netgear WiFi router stopped working after power outage? If yes, you have to come to the right post! Here, we will make you familiar with the ultimate solution to get rid of the Netgear router not working after power outage issue. Continue reading.
Power outages are unpredictable. People may experience lots of issues due to power interruption. In a power outage, obviously everything that operates on electricity will shut down. However, it may also make your internet connection stopped working. On the off chance if there are lots of power outages in your area, then it may make your WiFi connection unstable. Sometimes, your Netgear wireless router may also stop working.
If this is the case with you, go through the below-mentioned solution to fix the issue.
The Solution: Reset Your WiFi Router
The resetting process will make your device run like new. Nonetheless, you have to reconfigure your router to start using internet again. As reset will delete all the Netgear router security settings made by you, so you have to reconfigure the router.
How to Restore the Default Settings on Your Router?
In order to resolve the Netgear router stopped working after power outage issue, here’s how to restore its default factory settings:
- Confirm whether your Netgear router is powered on and receiving steady power supply.
- Now, find the Factory Reset hole on your router.
- Take a pin-like device and push the Reset hole with it.
- Let your WiFi router reboot itself.
So, these were the instructions to retrieve default settings on your WiFi router. Now, it’s time to reconfigure your device to get rid of the router stopped working after power outage issue.
Reconfigure WiFi Router
Follow the steps highlighted below to configure your wireless router again after the reset process:
- Insert the power adapter of your Netgear router into a wall socket and take it to the working mode.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and insert its one end to the router while another to the modem.
- Take any WiFi-enabled device and launch a web browser you like.
- Head over to the routerlogin.net web page.
- Once you have entered the URL into the address bar, hit the Enter key.
- On the login window, enter the user ID and passphrase.
- After that, click on the Log In button.
Bonus Tip: Just in case you can’t log in to your WiFi router and seeing error pop-ups, restart your router once and try logging in again. Moreover, keep in mind to use only the latest web browser version to log in to your wireless router.
- You will be on the dashboard of your WiFi router.
- Here, you can customize the settings of your WiFi router in accordance with your requirements.
- Once you have changed the router settings, don’t forget to click on the Save button before leaving the web page.
Done! Your router has configured successfully. Even after reconfiguration if your Netgear router stopped working after power outage, then it’s better to take experts’ assistance. They will provide you instant solutions to get the issue fixed within minutes.