Have you recently heard of the term Netgear Nighthawk Plex? If yes, then do you know how the Plex Media Server helps you? Well, no need to put a burden on your mind. In this blog, we have come up with everything you need to know about Netgear Nighthawk Plex and how to get it working with your WiFi router.
What is Plex Media Server Designed For?
Manage your audios, videos, and photos that are stored on an external USB hard drive connected to your Nighthawk router with the use of Plex Media Server. You can stream media files on different devices with the help of Plex. To do that, though, you must first set up Plex with your Netgear Nighthawk router. Here’s how:
Enable Plex on Your Netgear Nighthawk Router
Make sure your Nighthawk router is configured correctly and is turned on before beginning the procedure.
- Now, get access to the USB hard drive and connect it to your Nighthawk router.
- You will find the lights on your Nighthawk have turned on, in a while.
- Thereafter, you need to turn on your computer and open a web browser on it.
- The web browser you use needs to be updated with the most recent software and should be free of cookies and cache clutter.
- Access the default web address of your Netgear Nighthawk router and select Enter.
- The login window of your device will come into view.
- Enter the default routerlogin.net admin password in the given field. If you have changed the login password after configuring the device, bear in mind to use the changed login details.
- Click Log in and you will find yourself on the Home page of your Nighthawk router.
- This is the dashboard of your device letting you tweak various settings. So, reaching here you can enable Netgear Nighthawk Plex.
- For the same, you need to access the settings of your device and locate the Plex Media Server option.
- As soon as you select the same, you will find the Plex Media Server available on your device.
- Enable Plex by and hit Apply to get the changes made by you to come into effect.
- In a while, Netgear Nighthawk Plex will get enabled.
- Now, you will be asked to create your Plex account.
- For this, click the Open Plex option and follow the prompts appearing on your device’s screen.
That’s all about how to get Plex working on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
It has been found that even after following the steps given above, some users are unable to get the Plex working on their routers. If you are experiencing the same then below are given some checkpoints for getting the issue fixed.
How to Fix Plex Not Working on Nighthawk Router Issue?
1. Reboot Your Nighthawk
The very first reason why Plex is not getting synced with your Nighthawk router could be due to a technical glitch. Well, nothing to bother.
A router’s technical glitches can easily be fixed by rebooting it. So, without delaying anymore, unplug the socket of your router from its outlet and plug it back after the gap of a few seconds.
2. Uninstall and Re-install USB Hard Drive
There is a chance that the drive you have connected to your router is not installed properly. Hence, check the same.
Even if things seem ok to you, we suggest you disconnect the hard drive and connect it back. This might help you fix the Netgear Nighthawk Plex connectivity issue.
3. Check Cable Connections
You may get entangled in the current issue if the wires connecting your devices are loose or torn off.
In such a case, you need to have a nudge on all the cables connecting your devices and confirm whether everything is on track. If you find any loose connections then get them fixed right away. Or, just in case a cable is flipped off from some points, consider replacing it with a new one. Once done, try connecting Plex with your Netgear Nighthawk router and see if you can get success.
Let’s now put an end to the query about how to get Plex working with a Netgear Nighthawk router. We hope that the aforementioned details will bring you luck when it comes to making Netgear Nighthawk Plex work.
On the off chance the steps given in the post are not favoring you and you can’t set up Plex with your Netgear router, feel free to contact our technical experts at any time you feel suitable. They will help you get the Plex working with your router in a matter of minutes.