If you’re wondering why you should change your Netgear router settings, then the answer is quite simple: your WiFi router needs to be secured from unauthorized users. Surely you wouldn’t want others to steal your personal information, isn’t it?
Through this blog post, you’ll become familiar with different ways through which you can safeguard your Netgear WiFi router – By changing its password, network name (SSID), and wireless channel. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Change Your Netgear Router Settings
1. Steps to Change the Password of Your Netgear Router
To change the default password of your Netgear WiFi router, it is important that you access mywifiext.net administrative page. Here are the instructions to change your router’s password:
- Ensure that your Netgear router and the existing modem are well connected.
- Install a web browser on your computer.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net login address in its URL bar.
- Then, enter the default username and password of your WiFi router in the required fields.
- Hit Log In.
- As soon as the Netgear Smart Wizard appears, click on the Wireless option.
- Then, enter the new password in the Password field under the Wireless option.
- Click on the Apply option.
- A dialogue box will appear asking for confirmation.
- Click on the YES button and let the changes get executed.
By following these steps carefully, you’ll successfully be able to change the password of your Netgear WiFi router. But, in case you stuck at any point, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts.
2. Steps to Change Your Router’s Network Name (SSID)
In order to change the network name (SSID) of your Netgear WiFi router, you need to make use of the web user interface. Walk through the steps mentioned below and know how to change the network name of your WiFi device:
- Make sure that your Netgear router is receiving adequate electricity.
- Go to the routerlogin.net web page.
- Then, to perform Netgear WiFi router login, enter the default login credentials of your device.
- Once the router login page displays, click on the Netgear router settings option.
- Enter the new network name in the SSID field.
- Do not forget to click on the Apply option; otherwise, your changes won’t be saved.
Note: If you want to use a different method to change the network name (SSID) of your WiFi router, then you can make use of the Netgear Nighthawk application.
3. Steps to Change the Wireless Channel On Your Router
Follow the steps outlined below and learn how to change your router’s wireless channel by accessing the Netgear router settings:
- Launch a web browser on your laptop.
- Enter http://routerlogin.net in its address bar and press the Enter key.
- Netgear routerlogin window will appear.
- Enter the default login username and password of your Netgear WiFi router.
- The Basic Home Screen will display on the screen of your system.
- Click on the Wireless option.
- Once the Wireless Settings web page appears, go to the Region menu and select your region.
- Select the Channel that you want to switch to and click on the Apply option.
- Within a second or two, your settings will be saved.
So, this was all about how to change your Netgear router settings by using the Smart Wizard. In case you get stuck at any point, then feel free to get in touch with our team of experts for immediate assistance.