Now, apart from anything else, keeping your Netgear router password secure should be your top priority when it comes to protecting your WiFi device from various potential threats. Here, we will give you a glance at how you can change security level or Netgear router password using various methods.
How to Change Netgear Router Password?
Netgear router credentials can be changed using various methods. You can either access the web-based setup of your device or use the Nighthawk app to make changes to your routerlogin.net admin details.
However, before that, you need to first understand why you need to tweak the login details of your WiFi device. Well, no matter which Netgear router model you own, it can easily be configured using default credentials.
If after the successful set up of the device, you will skip changing its password, your WiFi can be accessed by anyone, which means your important data is at risk. In order to safeguard your WiFi from unauthorized access, it becomes really important for users to change the login details every now and then. While you give your WiFi a new password, make sure you use special characters, digits, and numbers for making it hard to crack.
Steps to Change Netgear Router Password Using Web GUI
For changing the password of your Netgear router, all you need to do is:
- Launch a web browser on your computer and type the default web address of your router in the URL field.
- Make sure you enter the www://routerlogin.net web address without any typing errors.
- Once done, you will be asked to type your router’s username and password.
- So, do the same and proceed further by selecting the Log In button.
- This will reveal the graphical user interface of your router.
- From here, head towards the settings and select the Wireless option.
- Once there, enter a new network name for your router in the SSID field.
- You then be asked to enter a new password. So, give your router a new password by entering it into the Password field.
- After entering the details, as soon as you hit the Apply button, changes made by you will get effective.
This is how you can change the security level or Netgear router password using web-based method. Just in case routerlogin.net not working for you, give the Nighthawk app a try to make changes to the password of your WiFi.
Steps to Change Netgear Router Password Using Nighthawk App
You can also change the password of your router right from the comfort of your couch using the Nighthawk app. For this, however, you first need to download the latest version of the Nighthawk app on your device.
For your information, the app supports both iOS and Android OS. Thus, you can get it from a store that is compatible with the operating system of your smartphone. Once you complete the downloading process of the app on your smartphone, you can access its settings to change your router’s password. Here’s how!
- Launch the Nighthawk app on your device after successfully installing it.
- Log in to your router using the credentials you have used to create a Netgear account.
- If you have not yet created your account, consider doing it right away.
- Once you see the GUI of the app, head towards the WiFi settings option.
- This will display the list of available WiFi networks.
- Select the one for which you want to change settings.
- Set a new WiFi name and password for it and tap the Save option.
This is how you can change the security level or Netgear router password with the help of the Nighthawk app.
Although changing the Netgear router password is not a cumbersome task, just in case you get stuck at any step while executing the process, feel free to contact our technical experts for quick help.