Do you have a Netgear WiFi router that is accessed by other network computer through an IP address? Well, this can quite come in handy when other folder sharing options aren’t working. But, it can become a pain in the head if you need to reset your Netgear router. Why? Because all your IP addresses are forced to change. Fortunately, your WiFi router has a feature to reserve IP address.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with step-by-step guidelines to reserve IP address on your Netgear WiFi router. So, without any further ado, scroll down, and continue reading.
Instructions to Reserve IP Address on Netgear Router
Mentioned below are the steps that’ll assist you in reserving an IP address on your router:
1) Connect the Router to the Modem
Start by ensuring that your Netgear WiFi router is properly connected to the modem in your house. The Ethernet cable connecting both your WiFi devices should be finger-tight and free of any damages.
On the off chance, if the Ethernet cable that you are using is damaged, then either get it fixed or replace it with a new cable immediately.
2) Launch an Internet Browser
Next step in line is to launch a web browser on your laptop. Whether it is Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari, you can open any browser as long as it’s updated. Otherwise, you’ll end up coming across various Netgear router login issues.
Note: If the web browser that you’re currently using is giving you a hard time, then don’t panic. Try clearing its cache and browsing history. If the issue persists, then it is recommended that you switch to another web browser.
Type the Netgear router IP address in the address bar of your web browser. Then, press the Enter key to access the router login page.
3) Enter the Default Login Credentials
As soon as you land on the Netgear router login page, you need to fill in the default username and password of your WiFi device. For those of you who aren’t sure about the admin details, refer to the Netgear manual for assistance.
4) Navigate to the Settings Option
Once you successfully access the Netgear router login page by using 192.168.1.1, go to the Settings option. The Settings option is located at the top right corner of the web page. Then, follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below:
- Click on Settings > Setup > LAN Setup.
- The Address Reservation section will appear.
- Then, select the Add option.
- Under the IP address field, enter the IP that you want to assign to your device.
- Once done, click on the Apply button to save the changes.
- Within some time, your changes will get saved.
Note: The reserved IP address won’t get assigned until and unless you reboot your device.
Follow the steps mentioned below to reboot your device:
- Power off your device first of all.
- Unplug the power cable attached to your device.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes.
- Plug one end of the power cable into your device and another into the wall socket.
- Power on your device.
Check whether you have successfully reserved an IP address on your Netgear WiFi router.
This was all about how to reserve IP address on your Netgear WiFi router.